- San Diego EarthWorks manages the Rose Creek Watershed Opportunities Assessment, as well as San Diego EarthFair and other community-based conservation events.
- Friends of Rose Canyon provides outreach and advocacy focused on the preservation of Rose Canyon.
- Friends of Rose Creek helps improve the health of lower Rose Creek in Eastern Pacific Beach.
- The City of San Diego, Parks and Recreation Department’s Marian Bear Natural Park Recreation Council offers interpretive and recreational opportunities in the city-owned Marian Bear Memorial Park. For more information, contact the Tri-Canyon Ranger Office at (858) 581-9961.
- The San Diego Tracking Team collects data regarding the wildlife that use Rose Canyon.
- San Diego Coastkeeper collects water quality data from the waterways within Rose Canyon.
- San Diego Audubon Society conducts outreach and implements conservation strategies to protect our region’s wildlife.
- Volunteers with the Kendall Frost Mission Bay Marsh Reserve help restore the salt marsh located at the watershed’s mouth through restoration activities. Visit their site or Friends of Mission Bay Marshes for more information.
- The Tri-Canyon Weed Warriors help maintain the native vegetation throughout Rose and San Clemente Canyons. For more information, contact the Tri-Canyon Ranger Office at (858) 581-9961.
Fire and Erosion Prevention
- See the City of San Diego’s Fire Safety and Brush Management Regulations to learn more about canyon fire safety.
- See Be Waterwise’s recommendations on fire-resistant, drought-tolerant plants.
- See the City of San Diego’s Multiple Species Conservation Program to learn more about this region-wide habitat conservation planning effort.
San Diego County Wildlife and Plants
- The Las Pilitas Native Plant Nursery has a useful website with pictures and descriptions of California native plants.
- The San Diego Natural History Museum has several efforts underway to catalogue the region’s wildlife, specifically:
- Think Blue San Diego provides the City of San Diego’s tips on stormwater pollution prevention.
- Think Blue San Diego Region provides links to the stormwater pollution prevention pages of each jurisdiction in San Diego County.
- Project Clean Water provides water quality resources and maps of each watershed within San Diego County.
- San Diego Coastkeeper provides information on various water quality issues throughout the region.
- The Wetlands Recovery Project’s San Diego Task Force is part of a statewide collaborative effort to improve the health of California’s wetlands.
- BeautifulPB is a community group dedicated to creating a sustainably beautiful Pacific Beach to improve the atmosphere for our local economy, community, guests and visitors.
- Water Smart San Diego County – tips on water conservation
- San Diego County Water Authority – tips on water conservation and current regulations
- Be Waterwise – tips on water conservation
- City of San Diego Water Department – current water conservation regulations and rebates
- Irrigation Association – information about smart irrigation systems that reduce water
- San Diego Master Gardeners – information about California Friendly Gardening
- Toiletology 101 – free course on toilet repair to save water and money
- Water Conservation Garden – 5-acre demonstration garden dedicated to water conservation and sustainable landscaping practices
- Watering Index – resources to help adjust weekly and monthly watering schedules
- WaterSense – label program identifying products that use 20% less water than standard fixtures.
- Water Education Foundation – water conservation resources
- Watering Index – learn how to adjust your weekly and monthly watering schedule
- City of San DIego’s Residential Water Survey Program – free survey to identify water saving opportunities in your home
- SoCal WaterSmart – rebates for residential and commercial properties
- City of San Diego’s Landscape Watering Calculator - estimate the amount of water used by landscaping to identify ways to conserve
- American Water Works Association’s Drip Calculator – estimate the amount of water wasted by leaks
- Water Smart San Diego County’s Residential Water Calculator – estimate the amount of water you use at home
- Water Replenishment District of Southern California’s Drought-Resistant Landscaping Calculator – estimate how much water you could save by replacing your lawn with drought-resistant landscaping